About David Grugeon And Grugeon Consulting
David Grugeon CPA (Australia) FCA (England and Wales)
David is a qualified accountant and carried on a general
accounting practice in England until 1991.
Since 1992 David has worked with Queensland Councils striving
to improve their accountability and financial management
He worked for the Queensland State Government from 1992 to 2002
heading up the local government financial management unit.
He was responsible for the financial aspects of legislation
affecting local governments including the Local Government
Finance Standard (the forerunner of the financial parts of the
Local Government regulation).
While in the Department, David managed the preparation of
several books on local government accounting, and financial management.
After leaving the Department in 2002 David has assisted many
local governments as a consultant.
Grugeon Consulting is the trading name of the consulting business set
up by David and his wife Elizabeth providing concultancy services to
Local Governments. The business provides a range of services including:
- Internal Audit - to ensure the Council has controls operating
to help it effectively achieve its objectives
- Integrity services - to support the Council in maximising its resistance to Fraud and Corruption
- Management services - including strategy design and change management
- Accounting Services - including accounts and budget preparation
- Various other services such as training, IT and staff selection